Food is prepared daily in our canteen by our dedicated external catering team, Chartwells, who provide a varied menu which changes on a regular basis. Fresh ingredients are delivered and cooked each day, with nutritious hot and cold choices available at break and lunch, including full home cooked meals, freshly made sandwiches and desserts. We cater for a variety of dietary requirements including vegan, Halal and vegetarian.
Menus are rotated on a three-weekly basis - please click on the links to view sample menus and current price list:
All year groups have morning break from 10.25 until 10.45 am. Lunch timings are shown below.
Y8 and Y9 - 12.25 pm - 12.50 pm
Y7 - 12.50 pm - 1.15 pm
Y10 and Y11 - 1.15 pm - 1.40 pm
Free School Meals
A number of students may be eligible for free school meals. They will qualify for income-related free school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and you do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Please be aware that the following benefits do not qualify for Income Related Free School Meals: Contributions based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Contributions based Employment & Support Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Invalidity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and Child Benefit.
For full details, please visit the Leeds City Council website:
If a student is entitled to free school meals their account is automatically credited each day with sufficient funds to purchase a main meal of the day, a dessert and a drink. The current allowance is £2.78 per day.