Rodillian Academy Sixth Form
Statement to support Post 16 tuition funding 2021 – 2022
The Department of Education announced funding to support students whose learning was disrupted as a result of the COVID pandemic. This 16-19 Tuition Fund is available to all 16 to 19 providers such as Rodillian Academy Sixth Form and is for 16 to 19 small group tuition only.
The funding can be used to support small group tuition for 16 to 19 students in English, maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted. The guidance indicates that the supported students must be on a 16 to 19 study programme and who have not achieved grade 5 or above in GCSE maths and/or English by age 16. All students will be on a 16 to 19 study programme.
The subjects covered in the tuition will not be limited to English and maths but will be identified according to need and existing programmes.
We aim for group sizes to be no more than 5 students and all sessions will be in addition to their timetabled hours. Students will be prioritised for small group tuition based on the guidance released by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
Support sessions will be prioritised for the following students:
- Those with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.
- Those who have a grade 4 or below in GCSE Maths and/or English.
- Those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), particularly where they have experienced additional disruption to learning as a result of their specific needs and disabilities.
Examples of some of the Tuition Support on offer will include:
- GCSE exam re-sit preparation
- Bespoke subject support/catch-up
- SEN student support sessions